Walking is a cardiovascular workout that can make a significant contribution to your health, even if it is the only form of exercise you do.
The benefits you will gain from regular walking include:
- reduces the risk of heart disease;
- aids in alleviation of depression;
- can make a significant contribution to reliving lower back pain;
- will increase your muscular strength;
- improves the condition of your heart and your circulatory system;
- reduces the risks of hypertension [high blood pressure];
- assist you in maintaining a healthy weight; and
- curbs the decrease in bone density.
In addition, it also helps in maintaining your flexibility and coordination, reducing the risk of falls. Like almost all forms of exercise, it helps you establish, and maintain better health giving you more enjoyment in your life.